CZASOPISMO INSTYTUTU HISTORII UJK w Kielcach

ALMANACH HISTORYCZNY

ISSN 1642-4530

 

Autor Jolanta M. Marszalska (Warszawa)
Tytuł Prepozyci cysterscy parafii ludźmierskiej do początków XIX wieku w świetle dokumentów z archiwum opactwa cystersów w Szczyrzycu
Title CISTERCIAN PROVOSTS OF THE LUDŹMIERZ PARISH UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF THE 19TH CENTURY IN THE LIGHT OF DOCUMENTS FROM THE ARCHIVES OF THE CISTERCIAN ABBEY IN SZCZYRZYC
Słowa kluczowe cystersi, opactwo, Szczyrzyc, prepozytura, Ludźmierz
Keywords the Cistercian, the abbey, the provostry, Szczyrzyc, Ludźmierz
Strony 39-48
Pełny tekst / full text
Tom 19

Summary

One of the oldest parishes in Podhale was founded in Ludźmierz. The Cracow Bish-op Wisław allowed the voivode of Kraków Teodor Gryfta to raise a shrine in honour of the Virgin Mar y (1234), where he settled the Cistercians. Ever y subsequent Cistercian abbot from Szczyrzyc retained the patronage over the parish in Ludźmierz. Beginning in 1245, the church and parish in Ludźmierz were managed by one of the Cistercian monks, ap-pointed by the Szczyrzyc abbot and with the consent of the Bishop of Kraków. In the thir-teenth century, Ludźmierz provosty probably covered the entire Podhale area. It remained under the Cistercian management until the nineteenth centur y (1824). At that time it also changed its diocesan afliation and was incorporated into the newly established diocese of Tarnów. The frst provost, confrmed by sources, was a monk named Stanisław – a monk from Szczyrzyc, mentioned in the year 1439. Until the 19th century, sources mention about a dozen monks who performed their pastoral duties in Ludźmierz provosty.